The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
This page is part of the organization of MCH2021. Feel free to look around and please note that information on pages such as the Main Page or Q&A is kept more up to date.
MCH2021 is a "DIY" hacker event, organized by volunteers and everyone who visits. If you want to help preparing the event, please join the orga by participating in a team. At the event, please participate as an angel.
Want to help?
MCH2021 is a "Do it Yourself" kind of event, matching the hacker spirit.
If you want to help, you can email email@example.com. If you don't know what you want to do, feel free to describe what you're good at, so we can find a good match.
Current vacancies for MCH2021
These are teams in need of team leads and team members. If you want to join / kickstart such a team, make sure Team:Projectleiding is notified (via the PL contact at that team, or if all else fails User:Stitch)
|Role / Team
- checkout Team:Speaker_Desk
- you will make sure the speakers experience a well-organized event
- Contact us now: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 people for buildup coordination: managing supplier sequence and etc
- 1 person for teardown coordination: making sure everything is moved off the field in the correct order
- Plans / inspiration from previous events is available, but you can make something yourself if you want to.
- In total 3 team member vacancies, including team lead
- checkout Team:Accessibility
- you will analyze possible needs for accessibility
- you will get in touch with the specific teams to guarantee and improve accessibility
- Booklet creator, for creating the print booklet with essential information to be handed out to all visitors
- 2 'Team Info members' to gather questions and answers, both before the event and during the event (as support for the infodesk angels)
- Provide garbage disposal facilities for crew and visitors
- Minimize the amount of inconvenience caused by trash
- Have garbage collected for disposal
- Provide instructions on how to deal with (specific kinds of) garbage
- Provide garbage bags for visitors (through entrance and info-desk)
- Handle communication with garbage disposal company
- Collect bottles from all around the campsite
- Sort bottles in crates
- Dispose of alien bottles (not sold at bar) properly
- Search for event food trucks (maybe contact also with the previous ones)
- Contact and ask for offers
- Together with map/terrain, plan their locations
- Together with finance/treasury make sure everything is up and running
- Estimate the numbers of toilets and showers necessary
- Determine locations for sanitation facilities
- Find out plumbing requirements
- Keep the facilities usable (e.g. clean) during the event (you hire people, no volunteers)
- Provide functional lighting so visitors can see where they’re going
- Ensure that sufficient lighting along emergency routes keeps working in case of power outages, including in tents that need it according to rules and regulations
- Coding: For building the open source BenHiero
- HAM-licensed expert: For building the open source BenHiero
- Activity guidance (during event): Helps organising and creating the activities in the harbour
- Ferry Masters (during event): Is able to support the ferry
- Harbour Master (during event): responsible for overall functioning during event, makes weather predection, risk management calculations
- Water rescuer (during event): responsible for rescuing people when needed
- Teamlead needed!
- Help villages (self-organized sub-events and/or people camping together) establish their presence
- Write instructions for villages on how and where to send special requests (e.g. Power, NOC, On-Site), and how to integrate their village with the main event
- Coordinate/plan which village goes where
- Seek out villages with incomplete or vague wiki pages and encourage them to add more concrete information
- Check that villages adhere to imposed restrictions
- Publish village locations on the map once this stabilizes
- Preempt possible nuisance issues (e.g. loud music) and communicate and design accordingly
- Be infodesk-like, but for village specific needs.
- Provide tents, chairs, and tables for villages.
- Set prices and arrange pre-sales via the ticket shop
- Have a physical place where people can pick up and return the goods they have ordered
- Supervise that people only take what they paid for.
- Ask On-Site to deliver large orders directly to villages
- Determine the layout for the visitor and crew parking lots
- Validate parking tickets
- Micro-manage people who are parking their cars, to optimize usage of the available space
- Provide optimized arrival and departure flows
- Provide temporary parking space (“K+R”) for people who are dropped off by friends, family, or taxi.
Todo: automated vacancies
This is a list of vacancies for the MCH2021 organization. We're still in the process of gathering all Team Vacancies and adding them here, so the overview is not complete yet!