Common responsibilities for all roles
- Create and manage your own to-do list
- Recruit capable crew members
- Celebrate successes
- Motivate your crew
- Write and publish an Operation Plan (“draaiboek”) on the wiki, with your plans, timeline, resources, policies, procedures, and instructions for angels
- Inform with previous organizers about the lessons learned at other events
- Have a printed copy of your operation plan available at the campsite
- Inform Info about everything that visitors (including villages) need to know
- Inform Projectleiding about everything that involves money or legalities
- Establish your budget and confirm the availability of funds with the Treasury
- Confirm the availability of resources needed to execute your tasks
- Schedule angel shifts with Volunteers (if applicable)
- Coach and help angels to do their jobs
- Supervise hand-overs between angel shifts
- Build up the things you need before the event
- Tear down those things after the event
Table of all the roles
- What's a role?
- A bunch of responsibilities that can't easily be split over multiple teams
- What's this structure good for?
- It should prevent two horrible things from happening:
- People are working at the same thing, without knowing they're both doing the same, which can be a waste of time and sometimes lead to drama.
- Nobody is working on a certain thing. There's no team to implement the responsibility. What could possibly go wrong? :)
- Can two teams share the responsibility for a role?
- By definition, no. But you can accept help from other teams, of course. We just want a clear overview of who's responsible for what, so everyone knows who to talk to about a certain topic.
- Can one team do several roles?
- Yes! Some roles are tiny, some are thematically related, and a team can decide to take on the responsibility of several roles. However, if a team does multiple roles, that does mean that PL will consider the whole of the team responsible for that thing. If only a few members of your team are interested in a certain role, it makes more sense to have a separate team for them, so it's really clear who to talk to.
- I'm a team member and disagree about something that's in a role that my team does
- If it's a minor issue, just edit the wiki. If it's a big thing, please discuss it with your team first, and contact Team:Projectleiding to suggest a change.
- I'm a team member and my team does something that isn't in a role yet.
- Please discuss it with your team to make sure it's actually something you will do as a team (don't assume things will always be exactly like last event), and then add it to the wiki page. Please use a detailed phrase that could logically follow the words "we will". Avoid just listing keywords or concepts, because that is known to lead to misinterpretation.